You may recall my post from December called “Mi Shebeirach. WTF?” Here we are months later and a commenter called Bella has posted a fascinating and long comment about the halachah of the isse of praying for the ill on Shabat. Totally engaging, in my opinion, if a little dense. I recommend it.
David A.M. Wilensky, Proprietor
- My latest (JTA): ‘For Reform, new gay-friendly High Holidays prayer book keeps up inclusivity trend’
- My latest… sort of (jweekly.com): ‘Reform rabbis get first gay prez’
- My latest (The Forward): ‘Doughnut Meets Babka in Latest Pastry Mashup’
- My latest (JTA): ‘Reform rabbinic group installs its first openly gay president’
- My latest (Gothamist): ‘Ira Glass Tries His Hand At Improv Comedy’